The roots of Yoga can be traced back more than 3,000 years ago in the history of man. Yoga, as we know it today, is the result of a complex development over the centuries. In recent years it has gained great popularity and is considered to be the most rapidly growing health movement. It is a holistic system of approaching human existence and a balanced way of life.
Understanding the market's need for Yoga training and in particular the needs of professional trainers and gyms, GRAFTS developed for the first time in Greece three innovative Yoga teacher training programs.
Yoga Pro level 1 - Yoga Instructor
The Yoga Training program is aimed at field professionals, but also at nonprofessionals who want to know Yoga better and deepen their personal practice. It gives students the competence to safely teach a Yoga lesson and approach the individual in a holistic way, and at the same time aims at the personal fulfillment of the student, creating the need for further exploration of the Yoga paths.
"Yoga is a journey... set off and you never know where it will lead you"
- Introduction to Yoga
- Yoga and today's reality
- What is Yoga
- Yoga types, Yoga styles, benefits of Yoga
- Historical and philosophical roots of Yoga
- Introduction to the philosophical texts of Yoga
- Anatomy - Kinesiology I
- Physiology of Exercise I
- Nutrition Exercise and Health I
- Hatha Yoga - Ashtanga Yoga - Iyengar Yoga: analysis of the three styles on which the GRAFTS training system is based
- Asanas / body postures
- Asanas' Sanskrit name analysis
- Study and practice of Asanas
- Benefits and contraindications of poses
- Basic alignment principles
- Variations of Asanas
- Sun Salutation A & B
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Teaching methodology: class structure / principles of teaching
- Lesson organization
- Methods of spotting and correcting the client's technique
- Proper use of voice and body for effective teaching
- Behavior and ethics of a Yoga Teacher
Yoga Adv level 2 - Yoga Teacher 200 (x YogaWorks Greece)
In collaboration with YogaWorks (USA), GRAFTS has adopted and proposes to its graduates their participation in the YogaWorks training programs organized in Greece and led by Anna Zorzou, so that they can advance their exploration of Yoga.
By completing the 200-hour training course, graduates are certified by GRAFTS at the Yoga Teacher Adv level 2, and they can submit the YogaWorks Diploma awarded to Yoga Alliance® (USA) and register directly at the RYS 200 level.
Yoga Elite level 3 - Yoga Teacher 300 (x YogaWorks Greece)
Adv level 2 graduates can continue to pursue their Yoga exploration through the additional 300-hours Professional training program organized by YogaWorks in Greece and be certified by GRAFTS at Yoga Teacher Elite level 3 at the same time, while they can submit the Diploma awarded by YogaWorks to Yoga Alliance® (USA) and register directly at the RYS 300 level.
This training program is designed to upgrade Yoga teachers to top-level professionals. Through a combination of a year of apprenticeship with a mentor, a series of workshops and considerable teaching practice, trainees improve their teaching skills, identify areas of expertise, and lay the foundations for the full integration of Yoga in their lives.