ATHENS - 06 SEP 2019 - Two GRAFTS specialization programs, Suspension Exercise and Functional Metabolic Training (henceforward Functional Cross Training), were recognized by the American Council on Exercise as ACE-Approved (continuing education programs that meet the quality standards of ACE) on 31 July 2019, in the context of the GRAFTS quality assurance procedure.
The process of international accreditation and recognition of the GRAFTS training programs, launched in 2012, aims at ensuring the maximum credibility for the knowledge and skills acquired by participants, and at providing practical benefits to the holders of the GRAFTS certificates.
These two ACE-Approved specializations increase the total number of internationally accredited or approved GRAFTS training programs to 7, and the total number of internationally or nationally recognized programs offered, either autonomously or in partnership with other educational providers, to 15.
Internationally accredited or approved GRAFTS training programs:
- PT Pro level 1 - Fitness Assistant (EREPS EQF level 2, EuropeActive)
- PT Adv level 2 - Fitness Instructor (EREPS EQF level 3, EuropeActive)
- PT Elite level 3 - Personal Trainer (EREPS EQF level 4, EuropeActive)
- GT Adv level 2 - Group Fitness Instructor (EREPS EQF level 3, EuropeActive)
- MPP Adv level 2 - Mat & Props Pilates Teacher (EREPS EQF level 4, EuropeActive)
- Suspension Exercise (ACE CECs: 1.2, American Council on Exercise)
- Functional Cross Training (ACE CECs: 1.2, American Council on Exercise)
Programs in partnership with other educational providers, with international or national recognition:
- Health Coach by ACE (EREPS EQF level 5, EuropeActive - NCCA)
- Sports Conditioning Workshop by ACE (ACE CECs: 0.8)
- Small Group Training Workshop by ACE (ACE CECs: 0.5)
- Fitness Programming & Obesity Workshop by ACE (ACE CECs: 0.8)
- Teen Fitness Workshop by ACE (ACE CECs: 0.7)
- Yoga Adv level 2 - Yoga Teacher 200, in partnership with YogaWorks Greece (RYS 200, Yoga Alliance)
- Yoga Elite level 3 - Yoga Teacher 300, in partnership with YogaWorks Greece (RYS 300, Yoga Alliance)
- Weight Training or Gymnastics Coach, in partnership with IEK SVIE in the context of the 'Fitness Pro' Program (Greek Ministry of Education)
The listing of the two certificates as ACE-Approved, provides their holders with:
- A certificate of knowledge, skills and competences specialization, approved by a leading international educational organization
- Continuing Education Credits (ACE CECs: 1.2) for the maintenance of certificates (eg. ACE-GFI, ACE-CPT, ACE-CHC and ACE-CMES) in accordance with the international standards
See the listing of Functional Cross Training and Suspension Exercise as ACE-Approved on the ACE website.
Greek Athletic & Fitness Training School
The Greek Athletic & Fitness Training School (GRAFTS) is the leading private Fitness training provider in Greece and Cyprus. It is an Education Partner of the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and the first training provider in Greece with an educational program fully accredited by EuropeActive. GRAFTS is enrolled in the Lifelong Learning Providers Record of the Greek Ministry of Education, providing certificates in the fields of Personal Training, Group Training, Pilates and Yoga.